Friday, September 26, 2008

be careful with your personal information

Identity theft is a rampant crime here in the U.S. We have to wary with our information, especially when we use the Internet at lot either for personal or business transactions. When you pay online, only give your credit card or bank account number; don’t give out your social security number unless you know who you are dealing with. Personally, I don’t right away give my personal information. When I bought my first domain, I was careful with my personal information because it can be seen in WHOIS. So, what I did was I purchased Privacy to protect my info. So, if you want to buy a new domain, be sure to purchase Privacy. Actually, 1and1.com offers Private Domain Registration for free when you buy a domain from them.

0 comments: