Monday, October 24, 2011

Who wears the pants?

Who wears the pants?
Guest post of the week by Val Flores
Before Jim got home the other night, I decided to be a “bad” mom and go ahead and feed the kids dinner. If you know me, you know that I absolutely hate hotdogs. I wasn’t all that hungry so I popped in the ones Jim made this weekend and let the kids have a real healthy meal. As I slipped off to research texas electricity providers and pay a few bills, I hear a screeching scream from the kitchen. Kid 1 is crying hysterically and Kid 2 is sporting the guilty-but-defensive face. Apparently, in their hot dog excitement, Kid 2’s dog fell off the bun onto Kid 1’s new jeans. Madness ensued. Kid 1 is crying about how the ketchup will never come out, and Kid 2 is defending that he always has ketchup on his shirt and it’s no big deal. I strip Kid 1 and soak her jeans, just as Kid 3 is squirting more ketchup on his hot dog – and his pants. I go back to strip Kid 3 and wash a load on “stain fighter” and come in to see that Kid 2 has also taken off his pants at the table because everyone else did. Lord help me.

0 comments: