Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How to make sure if the site is safe

How to make sure if certain website is safe to browse and use with. Nowadays, spyware and s are really rampant in the net. I'm always careful in browsing the net especially if I do important and confidential transactions like using my credit card, paypal and stuff like that. Today, there are many applications of e-commerce such as home banking, buying stocks, online stores and services using internet. We should be careful sending your personal information like your bank account numbers, credit card numbers, social security numberand password using any unknown site. One time, I was planning on sending money to my folks in P.I. through online remittance like Xoom and moneygram but I was really meticulous to sign up because I have to give my social security no. for anti-money laundering purposes. So, what I did was, I just sent money to my folks through locals and not on the net. I feel at peace and ease for not signing up and not giving out my detailed info to the sites that I mentioned earlier. Although, those site are secured but I am always meticulous and careful in giving out my info.

However, always use secure websites for this purpose because secure websites safe your private information from others using encryption and some authentication standards. Internet Explorer and Firefox always display a small lock icon on the task bar when we open any secure site and start domain name with https\\ and padlock icon.

0 comments: